At Proprep (“Proprep”, “we”, “us”, “our”), we care about your personal information, so we have prepared this Privacy Notice (“Notice”, “the Notice”, “this Notice”) to inform you of how we collect, use, store and share your information when you contact us, visit our website or access our services.
This Notice explains the following:
- What information we collect about you.
- How we use the information we collect about you.
- When we may use your details to contact you.
- Whether we will share your information with third parties.
- How long we will keep your information.
- How you can control your personal information.
At Proprep we are committed to upholding the privacy rights of our users, customers and partners.
This Notice is intended for, but not limited to:
- Visitors, users and subscribers to our website and services.
- Subscribers to our newsletters or marketing lists.
- Natural persons contacting us through various forms available on our website or the email@example.com email address.
This Notice applies only to the actions of Proprep and users of our services or website. Our website may contain links to third-party websites, however, this Notice does not extend to any other service or website that can be accessed from ours, including but not limited to any links we may provide to social media websites. We have no control over how your information is collected, stored or used by third parties and would strongly advise you to check the Privacy Notice of every website you visit before submitting any personal information to them.
By using or accessing our services or website, you agree to the terms of this Notice.
2. Information we collect.
When you access, sign up for or use our website or any of our services, we may collect personal information about you. We only collect information that we know we will genuinely use. The personal information we collect includes (a) information you provide to us; and (b) information we automatically collect or generate. We have set out below more details about these types of information:
Information that you provide to us
- Contact details (such as your name and e-mail address).
- Demographic information (such as your age or age range and gender).
- Online registration information (such as your password and other authentication information).
- Payment and subscription information.
- Information provided as part of online questionnaires (such as responses to customer satisfaction surveys or market research).
Information we automatically generate or collect
- Name and age (or predicted age range).
- Information about your device, operating system, browser and IP address.
- Unique identifiers associated with your device.
- Details of web pages that you have visited.
- How long you spend on certain areas of our website, together with the date and time of your visit / usage.
- Personal information contained within user-generated content (such as blogs and social media postings).
- Social media username or ID and related login details.
of this Notice.
3. Tracking tools and opt-out
Cookies are small pieces of data - usually text files - placed on your computer, tablet, phone or similar device when you use that device to access our website. We may also supplement the information we collect from you with information received from third parties, including third parties that have placed their own Cookies on your device(s).
The cookies that we use on our website are categorized below:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. They don't gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
These cookies collect information about how you use a website, for instance, which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous; it is only used to improve the performance of the website, providing a better user experience.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or sharing information on social networks. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Third party cookies
We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our website. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of our website by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4. How we use your information.
We will use the information we collect for a number of purposes including the following:
To provide you with our services and digital content, and to deal with your requests and enquiries (including the administration of your account).
- To provide you with information about our services and digital content.
- To serve you relevant, interest-based advertising related to our services.
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our website.
- To provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience ensuring that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device.
- To carry out marketing analysis on our products, service and campaigns.
- Diagnose service or technology problems reported by our users or developers in connection with the use of our websites.
5. When we might use your information to contact you.
We may use your information to contact you:
- In relation to any services and digital content you have signed up for or enquired about in order to ensure that we can deliver those to you.
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our products or services.
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
For marketing purposes, or to promote new services or digital content.
If you would like us to stop contacting you at any time, you can opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Sharing your information with third parties.
We may share your personal information with any member of our group of companies – this includes any of our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information listed in section 2 of this Notice to suppliers or contractors who are appointed by us to assist in the provision of products and services to you, as well as to other third parties if:
- the third party has been appointed to perform certain functions on our behalf, for example, to provide technical services in relation to our website; to provide technical or other services in relation to the processing of customer payments; to provide technical or other services in relation to the processing of your personal information for mailing, where the third party needs access to your personal information to be able to properly perform the function;
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation;
- we become involved in any merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of our business or assets. In this case, user information (including the personal information collected from you through your use of our website) may be included in the assets which are transferred to the new owner.
We have made disclosures for the above purposes in the last twelve months.
We use only carefully selected contractors to help us deliver our services to you and they are only allowed to use your personal information to deliver the services you have purchased, registered for or subscribed to. We do not allow them to use your personal information for their own purposes. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We do not share or sell your personal information to third-party organizations and have not done so in the last twelve months.
7. How long we retain your information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. In most circumstances, we will keep your information for the lifetime of your account with us. We also retain website usage information for analysis purposes. Usage information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this information is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obligated to retain this information for longer time periods.
8. How we store and secure your information.
We will take all reasonably practicable steps to ensure the security of your information. We will endeavor to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure or access. Please remember that no method of storage or transmission over the internet is completely secure. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
All of your personal information is stored in secure servers or cloud storage and we always limit access to employees, contractors and other third parties who have a legitimate interest.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You will be responsible for controlling access to your account and for any activity under your account and password. You must not share your account or password with anyone.
9. Personal data of children
We follow the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal data from anyone under 13 years of age, and our website, products and services are all directed at individuals who are at least 13 years old or older.
If we discover that we have collected personal data from a child under 13 years of age, we will delete that information at the earliest opportunity. If you believe that a child under 13 years of age may have provided personal data to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CCPA) compliance
At Proprep, our business activities fall outside of the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act. We continually monitor this, and should our activities change so that they do fall within the scope of the Act, our practices and this Notice will be changed accordingly.
11. Nevada Resident Rights (SB-220)
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal data to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal data as sales are defined in the Nevada Revised Statutes, Chapter 603A.
10. California Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CCPA) compliance
We are constantly trying to improve our services, so we may need to change this Privacy Notice from time to time, but we will alert you to any such changes by placing the most up-to-date version of the Notice on our website. By using our website or services after any changes to the Privacy Notice have been made, you agree to all of the changes. Use of information we collect is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time such information is collected.